GNA membership is composed of registered nurses who are actively working in the different health care agencies and educational institutions on Guam, and those who retired from the public or private sector. GNA’s membership marketing strategies include:
- Ongoing recruitment of new members and those who lapsed their membership
- Offering scholarships to junior and senior nursing students with a requirement they become members of GNA after graduation
- Involving senior nursing students in the activities of GNA such as the conferences/conventions or during the nurses’ month celebration
- Offering 50% membership discount to new graduates during their first year of membership
- Offering discounts on conference/convention registration fees to members Offering free CEUs plus meals to members on certain membership meetings/CE presentations.
- Assured American Nurses Association Membership
The following are the membership dues for all membership categories. Payment can be made by credit card or checks.
Full Membership (Working Full Time or Part Time):
$19.25 monthly (Easy Pay Automatic Monthly Payment Plan)
Reduced membership (Not Employed, Full Time Student, New Graduate Within 6 Months of Graduation, 62 yrs old or Above and Earning Less than Social Security Allows):
$9.87 monthly (Easy Pay Automatic Monthly Payment Plan)
Special Membership ( 62 yrs. Old and Above and Not Employed, Totally Disabled):
$5.19 monthly (Easy Pay Automatic Monthly Payment Plan)
Online Membership Card:
Members can print their membership card online on demand. Log into the Members Only and click “Print Member ID Card”. Guam members will still receive a laminated card in the mail a couple of weeks after they join or renew. If you lost/misplaced your card, or you experience problem printing your card, you can obtain your membership card by e-mailing all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-923-7709.
Membership renewal can be done by logging in to http://www.nursingworld.org/JoinANA/MembershipRenew
Members paying their dues monthly (from their checking account or via credit card) do not need to renew from year-to-year. Their membership will continue unless they provide written notification of their wish to cancel 20 days prior to the next deduction.
GNA/ANA membership offers an array of benefits both tangible and intangible. Members can apply or renew on-line. To find out all these benefits and to join on-line, please log on to http://www.nursingworld.org or you can contact Glynis S. Almonte for a membership application at (671)787-4148 or e-mail: email@example.com.
- Education and career development
- Build, develop, enhance, and grow your leadership impact
- Stay current with nursing news and trends
- Network and connect with other registered nurses
- Strengthen the nursing profession
- Subscription to the Guam Nursing Association’s Newsletter
The Code of Ethics for Nurses was developed as a guide for carrying out nursing responsibilities in a manner consistent with quality in nursing care and the ethical obligations of the profession.
Click here to learn more about the Code of Ethics for Nurses.